NKD in numbers
Roughly 9,000 employees work towards NKD’s success every day. Whether in administration, logistics or in its 2,000 stores Europe-wide – they all have one goal in common: happy customers.
Sustainable business development
- 2019: around EUR 737 million in sales
- EBITDA for 2019: EUR 40 million
- Average sales growth of 4.6 per cent (CAGR 2014 to 2019) per year
- A 29.7-per cent increase in sales per unit area since 2014
- 2,000 stores in Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Czech Republic and Croatia), of those around 1,300 stores in Germany
- Online delivery retail in Germany and Austria predominantly using Click&Collect
- We have approx. 44,000 LP across all storage locations and all storage location types in old and new buildings.
- Truck fleet: 22 own trucks for deliveries with a focus on Germany and western Czech Republic
- Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovenia and Croatia are supplied by freight forwarders in a hub & spoke concept
- Weekly delivery to stores; up to 20 stores per tour
- Approx. 35 Mio. pick units are picked in logistics across all areas
- Approximately 35 to 40 percent of all goods are transported using the own fleet, 60 to 65 percent by external freight forwarders
- Our own vehicle fleet drives approx. 1.5 to 2 million km a year
The textile discounter has increased its sales over the past three years by an average of 4.6 percent (CAGR 2014 to 2019) per year and has therefore grown faster than the market. In 2019, NKD achieved a turnover of more than 737 million Euros.