NKD in numbers
Roughly 10,000 employees work towards NKD’s success every day. Whether in administration, logistics or in over 2,100 stores Europe-wide – they all have one goal in common: happy customers.
Sustainable business development
- 2019: around EUR 794 million in sales
- Average sales growth of 3.3 per cent (CAGR 2018 to 2022) per year
- Over 2,100 stores in Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Czech Republic, Croatia and Poland), of those around 1,350 stores in Germany
- Online delivery retail in Germany and Austria predominantly using Click&Collect
- We have approx. 44,000 LP across all storage locations and all storage location types in old and new buildings.
- Truck fleet: 22 own trucks for deliveries with a focus on Germany and western Czech Republic
- Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovenia and Croatia are supplied by freight forwarders in a hub & spoke concept
- Weekly delivery to stores; up to 20 stores per tour
- Approx. 35 Mio. pick units are picked in logistics across all areas
- Approximately 35 to 40 percent of all goods are transported using the own fleet, 60 to 65 percent by external freight forwarders
- Our own vehicle fleet drives approx. 1.5 to 2 million km a year
The textile discounter has increased its sales over the past three years by an average of 3.3 percent (CAGR 2018 to 2022) per year and has therefore grown faster than the market. In 2022, NKD achieved a turnover of more than 794 million Euros.