Dr. Ulrich Hanfeld
“We think that our positioning as a local value retailer provides a lot of potential for us to keep growing profitably and more quickly than the market.”
Since 1 September 2015, Dr Ulrich Hanfeld has led the strategic and operational restructuring of the NKD Group as its CEO. In doing so, he has been setting a clear course: by focusing on increasing customer confidence, an attractive range of products and the expansion of NKD’s distribution channels, he has been responsibly gearing the company towards long-term growth.
Dr Ulrich Hanfeld has 20 years of management experience in the fields of fashion/retail and years of operational experience in purchasing, marketing and multi-channel sales.
- CEO TriStyle Group, TriStyle Mode GmbH, Munich, Germany
- CEO Otto Japan Inc., Tokyo, Japan
- Managing Director Otto-Cheer, Shanghai, China
“We have successfully completed NKD’s turnaround and have made NKD ready to face the future.”
After he became a member of the NKD Board of Management in November 2014, Rüdiger Hartmann helped shape the company’s restructuring from the beginning. In order to strengthen the company’s position in the market of the future, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has put his faith in implementing efficiency using modern structures and solutions.
His own areas of responsibility go far beyond the realm of finance, and comprise the fields of IT, logistics, legal, compliance and CSR as well as other business areas. Rüdiger Hartmann has more than 20 years of management experience.
- COO, Karstadt Warenhaus GmbH, Essen, Germany
- CFO/Vice President of Finances, SCM & IT, EMEA, Burger King Europe GmbH, Zug, Switzerland
- International Management positions in HR and Supply Chain Management at Burger King Europe GmbH, Munich, Germany
“Our goal is to provide a high-quality, diverse full product range at prices that are as attractive as possible.”
As the person in charge of purchasing, Alexander Schmökel has been heading up strategic purchasing, category management, global procurement and quality management since 1 January 2017. With his impressive 30 years’ experience in clothing and non-food retail, and in manufacturing companies as well, Alexander Schmökel optimises the purchasing and procurement processes – all the while aiming to provide NKD customers with a diverse product range at the same time as guaranteeing quality standards.
- CPO Purchasing, Woolworth GmbH, Unna, Germany
- Division Head Purchasing, Kik Textilien und Non Food GmbH, Bönen, Germany
- Director of Purchasing Haka, Takko ModeMarkt GmbH & Co KG, Telgte, Germany
“In an increasingly competitive environment, we are providing our customers with an appealing shopping experience as a local retailer in central inner-city locations.”
The retail expert Christian Welles has been a member of the NKD Board of Management since January 2014. With years of expertise in the fields of sales and operational management, he is responsible for the operations of more than around 1,800 stores in Germany and Central Europe.
- Director LIBRO Handelsgesellschaft mbH, Guntramsdorf, Austria
- Director OMV AG (VIVA), Vienna, Austria
- Director ADEG Handels AG (EDEKA Austria), Wr. Neudorf, Austria